Saturday, January 07, 2006

The Goldwater Presidency . . .

Good ol'Senator Ted Kennedy really nailed it once again. Speaking against the nomination of Alito, Senator Kennedy noted that the nomination of Alito comes right out of the Goldwater presidency.

And good ol' conservative Barry Goldwater. The Democrats said that if people voted for him, there would be riots in the street and Americans killed in a foreign war. Well, I voted for him, and sure enough, there was rioting in the streets.

It's just that Goldwater lost -- he never was president.

I know that politicians and reporters like to rewrite historic events when it makes a better story but I'm not so sure this little fib is Kennedy at his best. But I get real worried when I wonder if maybe this is too Kennedy at his best.

No comments: