Friday, July 15, 2005

Show me the money, revisited. . . .

I watched a little bit of the British Open on television -- not that much as I was obliged by the weather to play some golf of my own.

The tournament is being played at St. Andrews, mostly to recognize Jack Nicklaus and to note the fact that he is playing in his last British Open. Moreover, it was reported that Scotland has issued new five pound notes bearing a picture of Jack Nicklaus, where there is normally a picture of a king or a queen, or some public building. That must be nice, to have your picture on the money, and just hope for the time when somebody asks, "Do you have any pictue identification?"

This means, of course, that Tiger Woods will revise his personal goals to include having his picture, fist pumping in triumph, on the ten pound note.

I don't know if this will be a trend, but I live in trepidation over the thought that some day I might reach for my money clip and find a $17.50 bill with a picture of Posh Spice and Beckham on it.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

....and, $40.00 bill commemorating Chinese worker...