Sunday, January 30, 2005

Status Report: If You Build It, It Will Suck

Still working on new personal website. Still.

Okay, I'm willing to believe. But can somebody remind me again why it is that I want to use CSS instead of just plain old HTML? I understand tables. <\whimper>

Working on the style sheet. Too cheap to hire it from a pro. Too fussy to make something simple. Too proud to ask for help. Too complicated to settle for less than 10 divs on a page. Too persnickity to accept something ugly but effective. Too slow to remember from one minute to the next what inherits who, what, where, when, how, and how many. Too dull to remember just what it is that I had in mind putting on this site in the first damn place when I decided to build it.

And too old to give up.

But I'm sure gonna think of some colorful and semi-profane file name for this stylesheet. Someday.

No comments: